|California Settlers Maps Roseville CA||About/Contact|
Lewis Leroy King developed the Cherry Glen part of Roseville. He also set out forty acres, known as the Elm Court Subdivision, to table grapes. In 1890 he built his residence, Elm Court. With the help of his daughter, Lelia, he named many of the streets after family menbers. e.g. King Rd., Keehner Ave (after Lelia King Keehner's faather-in-law, Charles Keehner), Irene Ave. (Irene was a daughter of Lelia), Earl Ave. (Earl was a son of LL King), Clinton Ave. (Clinton was a brother of LL King), and Douglas Blvd. (named after Annie Hellar Kings brother, Thomas Douglas Hellar, Jr.).
Charles Keehner developed the land around Bonnie Knoll to the east of the King property.